See below for some of the talks I’ve given. If you have any questions or comments, please email me.
See Speaking if you’d like to request me as a speaker or trainer.
- Releasing Personal Growth: a talk on using mindfulness and self-compassion to release disempowering self-criticism and set the stage for personal growth. Venue: TEDxNTU. Latest version: 3/26/11.
- Life by the Numbers: Self-Quantification: a show and tell talk about my 4 years of daily “life performance” data and lessons learned from self-quantification for the past 12 years. Venue: Self-Quantification Singapore Inaugural Show & Tell. Latest version: 2/6/12.
- H3ROES Promo: not a talk, but a recap of a wonderful program I had the honor of helping design called the Canon-NEA H3ROES Green Initiative.
- Lifehacking: Concrete Strategies & Tactics for Personal Awesomeness: practical talk on some of the most efficient and effective ways of “hacking your life” to achieve more and maximize your growth. Venue: BarCampSG4/BarCampKL/BarCampSG5. Latest version: 10/14/10.
- Meeting Girls & Guys: “Pickup” for Smart People: Singapore-focused introductory talk on how to ethically meet people you are romantically interested in. Tailored for smart people (i.e., nerds) and focused on daytime connections and online dating. Venue: BarCampSG5. Latest version: 2/8/12.
- Productivity & Lifehacking: a group podcast on the strategies and tactics of productivity and lifehacking, as well as the underlying philosophy. Venue: Tech65.org Simply Geek podcast. Date: 1/3/11.
- A Conversation About Self-Actualization: a short conversation about what self-actualization is and how we all have different but unspoken perspectives on what constitutes our ideal lives. Venue: TEDxKRP. Latest version: 3/1/11.
- Googlepocalypse: a lightning talk outlining a possible future where decisions, tasks, and information are “streamed” into our lives in a constant flow but managed effectively through open enterprise processes. Venue: WorkCampSG. Latest version: 3/23/11.
- Behavior Change 101: a quick talk on the basic mechanics of behavior change (B=MAT) and how it ties into happiness. Venue: Self Spark Private Fire Pit. Latest version: 5/29/11.
- Changing the World = Social Entrepreneurship + Venture Philanthropy + Social Innovation: a talk about what I consider the top three ingredients to social change with a focus on how to “get started” as a social entrepreneur in Singapore. Venue: neB0 Youth Entrepreneurship Symposium 2011. Latest version: 6/9/11.
- Singaporean Social Change Ecosystem: a talk examining three paradigms for social change and steps on how to learn more about the ecosystem in Singapore. Venue: Rotary Youth Social Entrepreneurship Challenge (RYSEC) Idea Launchpad. Latest version: 8/6/11.
- 10+ Years of Personal Growth in 20 Minutes: a talk summarizing the most salient lessons I’ve learned in consciously focusing on my personal growth for over a decade. Venue: BarCampSG7 / blinkBL_NK #18. Latest version: 1/18/12.
- Best Place in the World for Social Entrepreneurs?: a lightning talk where I asked the question, “Where is the best place in the world for a social entrepreneur to live and build a social enterprise?” I argued that Silicon Valley was currently the best place, but that Singapore had a shot at taking the mantle and possibly becoming the world’s first “Social Silicon Valley”. Venue: BarCampSG7. Latest version: 9/10/11.
- Emotional Intelligence & A Life Story of Behavior Change: a talk introducing the basics of emotional intelligence (EQ) and then using an EQ perspective to understand 15 key lessons from consciously trying to change my life. Venue: AIESEC Youth Dialogue 2012: Success Through Empowerment. Latest version: 2/8/12.
- Emotional Intelligence 101 =): a fast-paced, interactive workshop where participants “work out” their EQ muscles through games, challenges, and odd questions. Venue: Raffles Institute Inter-Junior College Council Symposium Interpret 2012 / Self Spark Private Fire Pit. Latest version: 3/31/12.
- DIY Lifehacking 101: a fast-paced, experiential workshop introducing simple emotional, physical, and mental lifehacks to the public. Venue: Singapore Mini-Maker Faire. Latest version: 8/5/12.
- Singapore as a Social Silicon Valley?: a short talk arguing that immigration is a key factor for Singapore to evolve into a Social Silicon Valley. Venue: Cross-Border Innovation & Entrepreneurship Global Symposium. Latest version: 12/4/12.
- Happy Day: a day-long, action-oriented workshop teaching people the science behind happiness. Venture: Self Spark 2nd Annual Happiness Weekend. Latest version: 2/23/13.
- Open Science Initiatives in Singapore: a short talk on Self Spark’s open science/research in the personal development industry. Latest version: 3/8/13.
- 12 Keys to Happiness: a fast-paced talk on Dr. Sonja Lyubomirsky’s 12 scientifically-sound strategies for enhancing happiness. Venue: Self Spark Happy Day in Celebration of International Day of Happiness. Latest version: 3/23/13.